Campagnolo introduces the first aerodynamic Disc Brake wheel with a 33 mm profile. Each component of this wheel has been optimized in the wind tunnel in order to improve its aerodynamic performance. It therefore delivers multiple benefits that can be noted on different routes, from the most demanding of sprints to relaunching after a bend, while still ensuring efficiency on the flat and now also suitable for the hardest uphill finishes! It is a turning point in the all-rounder segment: a truly multi-purpose wheel.
The wheel features carbon rims with a unidirectional aerodynamic finish, new aerodynamic aluminium hubs, and the ceramic USB cup-and-cone bearing system: every design choice has been made with a view to optimising performance. The profile of the rim, which has an internal diameter of 19 mm, corresponds perfectly with 23 mm, 25 mm and 28 mm tyres. In addition, with the 2-Way Fit version, Campagnolo offers its tried-and-tested technology with full compatibility with clincher and tubeless tyres. While the key purpose of these wheels is to deliver extreme performance, safety is also guaranteed thanks to the G3 spoking system with double spokes on the left of the front wheel, to ensure balanced and safe braking in all conditions.
33 mm… but aero
- The streamlined design of the central part of the hub decreases the frontal area of the component whilst the special design of the flanges favours the shut-off of the flow of air, thus reducing turbulence –
- The 24-spoke elliptical cross section results in a far superior rolling resistance
- The well-known USB cup-and-cone bearing system guarantees smoothness in the ceramic bearings –
- The 2-Way Fit profile allows you to mount either a clincher tyre or a tyre which offers the least rolling resistance possible: the tubeless tyre –
- The 19 mm inner diameter enables you to mount 23, 25 and 28 mm tyres, with perfect pairing of the rim-tyre system
The choice of Campagnolo
- Campagnolo’s rideability is enhanced by the 33 mm profile, despite the aerodynamic design of the rim
- The wheel structure enables reducing energy dissipation, transferring all the energy produced by the cyclist to the asphalt
- A 33 mm profile and a weight of 1,455 g for the pair makes this wheel ideal for even the most demanding routes